We believe employees are our most important resource, and that’s why we hire the best and brightest. It is with this belief that we strive to create an environment that is entrepreneurial, nurtures personal development and builds on unique talents. At Summit, you don’t just have a job, but the opportunity to grow and advance in a dynamic operation. In Louisville, we operate 4 FM radio stations: 106.9 PLAY, Q 103, 107.7 THE EAGLE, and 103.9 THE GROOVE. We also offer a complete array of digital products to help market our radio stations and businesses effectively.
What Is It Like To Work Here?
At Summit Media, our people thrive because individual points of view, experience, and expression are valued. United, our creative and strategic minds will discover new ways to shape and craft our listener’s and customers’ experience, thus creating brand loyalty.
Our Culture, Our People
Media businesses everywhere continue to undergo enormous change. Ours is based on simple principles.
- Is straightforward;
- Respects the past but is forward looking;
- Places great emphasis on open, honest, and direct dialogue;
- Handles decisions with immediacy; and
- Is innovative and knows no boxes.
- At Summit, our people thrive because individual points of view, experience and expression are valued.
***Position: Street Team/Board Operator
Stations: WVEZ-FM, WQNU-FM, WSFR-FM, and WRKA-FM
Positions Available: Part Time
Summit Media, which owns and operates four radio stations in Louisville, has an immediate need for a part-time Street Team Member and Board Operator. In this role, you will have duties such as:
- Interacting with listeners, leading games, and perhaps speaking on the microphone/PA.
- Setting up station events: raising tents, plugging in sound systems, putting up signage/banners.
- Take responsibility for station equipment and ensure it returns from events in peak condition.
- Successfully communicate with several different types of positions: listeners, employees, management at events, and clients.
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned by the Promotions Department.
- Running the studio board for live broadcasts
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone with an outgoing personality who can get along with all types of personalities, as well as excellent communication and customer service skills. If you are the type of person who will jump in to help out in any way you can, we’re looking for you!
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Dependable, well organized, and detailed oriented
- Outgoing personality with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit your resume to Brent Turner at Summit Media Louisville, 612 S. Fourth Street, Suite 100 Louisville, KY 40202 or by email to Brent.Turner@Summitmediacorp.comIt is the policy of Summit Media Corp. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in al personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited.
***Position: Account Manager
SummitMedia LLC Louisville is currently looking for a Full Time Account Manager that will be responsible for generating media revenues in the market. As an Account Manager, you will be expected to establish strong relationships with local businesses and agencies. You will work collaboratively with your clients and sales management to create complete marketing solutions to reach their target audiences. Other responsibilities include: finding and acquiring new business opportunities, presenting complete marketing plans using research tools, attending networking events, oversee campaign execution and attend promotional events. You must present a professional and polished image of the company you represent. Candidate will also work closely with internal departments (ie: programming, promotions, business and traffic) to help fulfill the client’s expectation with regard to all areas of their business relationship with the company.
The successful candidate must be flexible, personable and able to orchestrate sales and promotional plans developed for clients successfully. The successful candidate must also be organized, dependable, self-motivated and project a professional appearance and friendly demeanor. A valid driver’s license and background check is required.
- Proven track record of sales success
- Ability to work as a team or individually
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficient with computer and internet
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record. Must have car with insurance
If you are aggressive, hard working and desire to be the best, please respond as outlined below:
SummitMedia, LLC Louisville
612 South 4th Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Attention: Eric Fow
It is the policy of SummitMedia LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in al personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination.
Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.
***Position: Morning Drive Traffic Director
Summit Media Louisville is looking for our next morning drive traffic director. Qualified applicants must have previous on-air radio experience, proficiency with computer programs and basic knowledge of Adobe Audition and Maestro and they must be reliable and available to work early morning hours during the week. This position would also include at least one voice tracked on-air shift per weekend.
All formats encouraged – Minimum 2 years on-air experience required. Your current market size is not a factor. Submit resume and audio now – Cagle@Summitmediacorp.com. Only those with a strong desire to win need apply.
SummitMedia is an equal opportunity employer